Starting a company is a big move for me. It took me a while to realize what I want to do and how, but suddenly, things became very clear. Here is why I started marketing and business consultancy company Jayid.
When I left my last job, there were many things I knew for sure but many question marks as well.
I knew, that:
- I want to do business in a different way. Focus on helping companies rather than generating short-term revenue.
- My “Why” is that I like developing other people and helping them achieve great things.
- I want to build a company on principles which are matching with my personal values. Not create principles because it’s trendy.
- I believe business can be done in a fair way. In a way that I can look at the mirror every day and know I did something good.
- There are many things I have learned and I want to share them with others. However, it will be impossible to wrap it into some traditional company vertical.
- The digital market in Dubai still needs a lot of work to develop. However, that doesn’t mean it would need another agency.
I spent weeks thinking it through and discussed it for hours with several people. And decided that starting my own company is the only way how I can try to make these things happen. So, here it is.
It is scary.
It is a step to the unknown.
While I am starting Jayid alone (with help of partners on specific projects), I know that very soon I will be looking for smart girls & boys who share the same values and have skills that can help our clients. And it will be a huge responsibility for me.
But I truly believe this is the right thing to do and the best way I can help others to grow.
There are a few projects in the making and it already seems, 2020 is going to be an exciting year.
Thanks for everyone supporting me in starting the new chapter. For a small business founder, any support is a big deal. You show yours by following Jayid on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) and share any feedback you might have!
Cheers to the year of new beginnings!